Please see below for our upcoming events and registration information. Click here to see upcoming Recreation Events!
Advocates Upcoming Events:
Advocates 4th Annual Stroll & Roll!
Get ready to run, walk, skip, roll, or stroll your way through Advocates’ 4th Annual Stroll & Roll 5k! Proceeds will raise awareness and benefit children and adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Everyone is welcome to participate, so please invite your friends and whole family to support this great cause! You can even coordinate a team for the race or invite those that live out of state to participate remotely!
- WHEN: Saturday, May 7th at 10:00am
- WHERE: Willow Bay (Onondaga Lake Park)
- Price: $30 per racer (children 5 and under, free and children 10 and under $15); $25 per team (must have at least 4 teammates); $100 per family of 4 or more
- We will have a virtual option for those that are unable to attend our in-person event
- Remote racers will receive their packets via mail
All racers and teams receive a customized t-shirt, race medal, certificate of completion, snack, water, and great swag. Racers will also be provided the auction link in April. Teams with more than four (4) racers will receive personalized race certificates and bibs displaying their team name and a special price discount of $25 per team member.
After the race, top off all of your hard work by enjoying a meal with family and friends. Try new cuisines and find a new favorite food from our Food Truck Frenzy line-up. Or enjoy a complimentary chair massage from Essential Habits Wellness Center after the race!
Registration Prizes and Race Teams:
- Six $25 VISA gift cards will be raffled! All registered racers will have a chance to win a $25 VISA gift card just by registering for the race! There will be six (6) lucky winners!
- $100 VISA gift card to be awarded to the participant who raises the most money for the race!
Winners will be announced on Advocates’ Facebook page following the race. Good luck everyone, we look forward to your participation and support!
We love partnering with our local businesses to support our 5K and couldn’t do it without you! Sponsors will be able to participate in the race and will be recognized throughout the campaign through our social media platforms and highlighted on our race t-shirt.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor and would like information on business sponsorship and advertising opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For those that would like to donate an item for this year’s online auction, please call (315) 469.9931 and ask for the Development office, or email email@example.com
All businesses/donors will be acknowledged on our auction website. This is a great way to advertise your business and show the community how much you care!
Please note: Advocates is committed to the safety of our racers and attendees, as we near the date of the event racers will be notified of current COVID protocols based on NY State regulations.
Thank you for your support!
Advocates Virtual Training Events:
This is a look at the social and emotional challenges of dating and relationships for people with disabilities, as well as how to support people with disabilities in working through these challenges.
Learn how to:
- Transform societal myths that results in sexual able-ism about sexuality.
- • Foster self-esteem and confidence is the most effective way to promote successful dating and relationships.
- • Create healthy boundaries and skills leads to relationship success – as well as protecting people with disabilities from sexual assault.
- • Effectively support someone to develop successful dating and healthy relationships.
To register with Advocates:
Name of person receiving services:
Name(s) of person attending: