Companion Care is a private pay option for those who wish to hire 1:1 support staff(Companions) through Advocates. This service is available to seniors, children or adults of any age in need of companion care (with or without OPWDD or Medicaid eligibility) in Onondaga, Oswego, Madison, and Cayuga counties.
We Work With You
Your Advocates’ Companion Care Coordinator will work with you and your family to develop a care plan and provide support with interviewing, training and supervising your 1:1 staff. Your Coordinator will be an ongoing resource for you and your care team to ensure that your staffing needs are met.
Advocates has over 1,000 dedicated support staff and provides employer of record functions such as staff recruitment, screening/completing background checks, administration of employee benefits, and employee payroll processing.
Families Choose Their Supports:
- Companionship and engaging in social activities at home or in the community.
- Support with daily activities to achieve optimal health and independence.
- Safety oversight at home and respite care.
- Transportation and support to healthcare/other appointments.
- Personal care such as dressing and bathing.
- Running errands to the grocery store, pharmacy, etc.
- Assistance with meal preparation, cooking, and eating.
- Light cleaning and other household chores such as laundry, etc.
We Are Here for You and Your Family
For more information on where to begin or to request our services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our team members below:
Director of Companion Care Services, Sean Soboleski: (315)-247-9308, email@example.com